a quick disclaimer: By no means is this a how-to video. I only offer the parts list as supplemental information for those who are interested. The links below may be affiliate links, which are used to support this website.
This is part 1 of my pipe shelf project. It is somewhat of a proof of concept to make sure I can get the dimmer portion working.
The dimmer unit was slightly modified. I removed the paper cover and wrapped it up with electrical tape. To get the dimmer to fit in the pipe, I had to bend the heat sinks slightly via a vise.
The dimmer I used did end up having a minor flaw, the dim range starts at about 50%.
Thanks for watching/reading! I hope you enjoyed it. Please stay tuned for part 2 when I build the finished lamp.
And some more notes
I'm still working on perfecting video production. Mostly I'm trying to get the audio to sound right with the equipment I have now. Editing takes forever, but I'm working on that too. Thanks for bearing with me!